Provides shelter for different types of small animal
The five ACO Wildlife Refuges have been designed to provide shelter and sanctuary for various types of small animal.
The different opening types and sizes prevent predators from gaining access while allowing smaller animals to move to safety.
Type 1 with its fully open 160mm x 100mm (nominal) entrance is suitable for many types of small animal including hedgehogs. Types 2 and 3 with slotted entrances are suited to newts, lizards, and invertebrates, Type 4 is intended for insects, and Type 5 for snakes, lizards, mice, voles, and shrews.
ACO Wildlife Refuges have a completely open base, ensuring that natural ground humidity is retained wherever they are installed.
No metal reinforcement is used in manufacture, so animals are not disoriented by distortion of magnetic fields, while the low thermal conductivity of polymer concrete means that the internal temperature of restricted-opening ACO Wildlife Refuges will remain lower in hot conditions
- Promotes colonisation
- Refuges will not heat up excessively and are recyclable at end of working life
- Can be integrated into a variety of habitats
- Animals are not disoriented by distortion of magnetic fields
- Long operational life
- Will not desiccate or burn animals’ skin
- Provide shelter and protection from predators for various types of animal
- Manufactured from Vienite, ACO’s recycled polymer concrete material
- Can be concealed by a wide range of materials
- No metal reinforcement
- Will not corrode or deteriorate with age
- Residential Developments
- Commercial Developments