Combined kerb and drainage system for bridges
Effective management of surface water on bridges is crucial for ensuring road user safety, reducing maintenance costs, and preventing erosion that can shorten the service life of bridge structures.
ACO KerbDrain Bridgedeck is a versatile combined kerb and drainage system designed to effectively manage rainwater on bridges. These one-piece units are certified up to Load Class D 400 and are available in both Half Battered (HB) and Splayed profiles (SP) to meet different site requirements.
The product is manufactured from ductile iron and is a Type I system, which means that no concrete bed surround is required for installation. Additionally, the range includes expansion joint solutions that prevent water damage to the joints and allow the flow of water to continue from the bridge to the highway.
Connection to KerbDrain - BridgeDeck is compatible with our award-winning ACO KerbDrain range, allowing for a seamless transition from Bridge to Road.
Featured DownloadsLogin or register to download
Expansion joint kit
BridgeDeck Expansion Joint Kits provide a watertight solution to prevent damage to expansion joints, and are designed enable the unimpeded flow of water across the joint.
Maintenance of the channel and expansion joint units is made easy through the use of the ACO Access Units. Regular maintenance is advised in order to ensure efficiency of the channel system.
Optimised channel runs
BridgeDeck channels are available in a range of sizes, ensuring that designs can be fully optimised to site requirements. Our QuAD Hydraulic Design software enables the quick calculation and optimisation of channel runs.
Connection to ACO KerbDrain
Easy connection can be made to ACO KerbDrain D, E and E+ channels via a multifunctional endcap, ensuring a seamless transition from Bridge to Road designs.
Connection to ACO Pipe
The BridgeDeck channel units are compatible for use with our ACO Stainless Steel Pipe range, available from ACO Building Drainage.
The system is available in both Half Battered (HB) and Splayed (SP) profiles, allowing for different site requirements. A range of tailored accessories and components are available for each profile range.
- Half Battered and Splayed kerb profiles available
- Type I installation - no concrete bed surround is required for install
- Expansion joint kits available
- Certified to BS EN 1433:2002 Load Class D 400
- Manufactured from robust ductile iron
- Sub-surface drainage points for permeable surfaces
- BridgeDeck units can be installed at two different upstand heights
- UKCA and CE marked, and carries the BSI Kitemark
- High capacity drainage inlets
- Can be used as a stand-alone solution or combined with other ACO KerbDrain channels to create a seamless and integrated solution for bridge and highway schemes
- Complete product offering for all bridge types
- Full set of problem-solving components from access units to outlet connectors and multifunctional end caps
- Channel runs can be optimised utilising our QuAD Hydraulic Design software
- Top surfaces have low risk of skid and slip resistance certified to test standard BS 7976-2
- Foot bridges
- Road bridges
- Refurbishment or new build bridges
Request a Design Consultation
As a leader in the design and manufacturing of combined kerb and drainage solutions, we take pride in our expertise in assisting specifiers, consultants, and contractors to develop efficient and cost-effective infrastructure schemes. Speak to our Specification team today to find out more about ACO KerbDrain BridgeDeck.