Traps and contains the wheel of a stray tram in the event of derailment
The ACO Derailment channel traps and contains the wheel of a stray tram in the event of derailment. The system is installed parallel with the tram track and is fitted with frangible gratings which will collapse if struck by a wheel.
In addition, the ACO Derailment system provides effective surface water drainage for the ‘Swept Path’ area of the track.
The system is manufactured from Vienite, ACO’s high strength sustainable material that meets environmental and sustainability targets for construction products.
Vienite provides protection against stray currents and corrosion to buried underground services as the material does not conduct electricity.
Each ACO Derailment channel unit is fitted with composite edge rails and Heelguard™ composite gratings which are certified to Load Class C 250 BS EN 1433:2002.
An outlet channel assembly is also available with a preformed Ø110mm pipe union for connection to underground drainage.
- Traps tram wheel in the event of derailment
- Gratings designed to collapse if struck by a wheel
- Provides effective surface water drainage to the ‘Swept Path’ area of the track
- Offers stray current protection
- Protects against corrosion to buried underground services
- Manufactured from sustainable, thermally stable material
- Strong and robust channel design
- Frangible Heelguard™ composite grating
- Heelguard™ grating certified to Load Class C 250 BS EN 1433: 2002
- Protective composite edge rails for improved strength and bonding between channel and surface material
- Manufactured from Vienite®, ACO’s high strength sustainable material
- Optional channel assembly with preformed Ã˜110mm pipe union available
- Male and female channel connections to aid fast installations
- Tram schemes and depots
- Light rail development