Q-Plate Orifice Plates
Regulate stormwater flow
ACO Q-Plate is designed to regulate stormwater flows in projects where a vortex flow control is not the most effective solution, or where flows are greater than 100l/s.
Each unit is tailored to the specific performance requirements of the application providing optimum hydraulic efficiency within the system.
Remote access to the system can be provided by the optional bypass door and the emergency drain facility - simplifying access and removing the need for direct man access to sewer manholes.
Manufactured from grade 304 stainless steel, the unit is available as a flat or curved radius to suit manhole diameter.
The Q-plate has no limitations on design flow. For smaller flows from 2-100l/s the Q-Brake is more suitable.
Parameters to quote
Each unit is tailored to the specific performance requirements of the application.
- Contact our dedicated stormwater management team for more information and to request a quote: email@example.com
NEW QuAD-VFC Design Tool
QuAD-VFC is a free cloud-based software that supports the design and specification of ACO’s Q-Brake and Q-Plate range. QuAD-VFC calculates vortex flow control dimensions to achieve required head and flow rates. Offering instant calculations, the tool helps to speed up specification by taking into account parameters such as chamber design and outlet dimensions.
ACO Q-Chamber is a new durable bespoke prefabricated chamber designed to house ACO Q-Brake, as well as ACO Q-Plate. It combines easy-handling and simple installation with a fully-welded plastic, durable construction.
Key Benefits include:
- Easy transportation and installation
- Minimise working time in a confined space
- All plastic interfaces fully welded, watertight and spark tested
- Tailored performance provides optimum hydraulic efficiency
- Reduces the need for on-site storage lowering installation costs
- Available with a curved back for ease of installation
- Simplifies access and maintenance
- Removes the need for direct man access to sewer manholes
- Proven performance and reliability
- Simple to install
- Regulates stormwater flows greater than 100 l/s litres per second
- Provides an alternative where flow controls are not suitable
- Individually configured
- Bypass door and remote access for emergency drain down (Bypass option only)
- Pipe sealing gasket
- Public landscaping
- Car parking
- HGV parking
- Petrol station forecourts
- Light industrial
- Heavy industrial
- Public highways
- Distribution yards
- Airports (airside)
- Port and dock sides
- Security areas
Not Recommended Applications
- Threshold drainage
- Domestic landscaping